So there was much sadness in our house this evening...
Mark left to go to a training for a week and we were all really sad, but then...
Without me even asking her, Ellie started cleaning the kitchen, I mean the WHOLE kitchen! Here is a picture of her finished work.
All by herself, she unloaded the dishwasher, loaded a lot of dishes into the dishwasher, wiped the counters, swept the floors, tidied up better than I usually do I am embarrassed to say...And I didn't take a picture, but the kids all made their own root beer floats, all the while getting along perfectly! JUST what I needed on the first night of not having Daddy around!
Then I announced that we get to have a slumber party, in my room this week, and we'll take turns sleeping in my bed. Jonathan called me and said, "Mom, you gotta check out my set up!" (His exact words...) Here is his "set up".
And Danica and Stephen's set up...
Then I announced that we get to have a slumber party, in my room this week, and we'll take turns sleeping in my bed. Jonathan called me and said, "Mom, you gotta check out my set up!" (His exact words...) Here is his "set up".
And Danica and Stephen's set up...Danica has been so sweet tonight to take care of the boys and help them get set for bed- she prayed with Stephen, made sure Jonathan stayed in his bed...
And with tears of joy (I actually did really cry, I was so moved by her thoughfulness, not to mention the emotions of saying goodbye to my Markie for a week) for Ellie's going above and beyond the call of duty, for stepping up to the plate when Daddy is gone, I informed Ellie that she gets the first turn in my bed!
And so with great sadness yet great joy, I enter into this week lonely for my husband, but blessed by my children! I am so thankful for the simple blessings in life that move us so deeply!

And with tears of joy (I actually did really cry, I was so moved by her thoughfulness, not to mention the emotions of saying goodbye to my Markie for a week) for Ellie's going above and beyond the call of duty, for stepping up to the plate when Daddy is gone, I informed Ellie that she gets the first turn in my bed!
And so with great sadness yet great joy, I enter into this week lonely for my husband, but blessed by my children! I am so thankful for the simple blessings in life that move us so deeply!Oh, and one last thing for you, Mark... my faithful blog reader and wonderful husband...




10 comments:
Tara,
Sorry to hear that Mark is out of town. That is tough, I know. That is so sweet of the girls to help you out. Love hearing about that stuff.
Tara, i wanted to cry reading your blog. it is so precious. did i tell you the time Steve was gone for Valentines and the kids decorated my room at 5 in the morning while i was sleeping. i also remember one of the first times Steve left i thougth i was going to die. what an amazing memory you have now. i love the sign for mark-you're my blogging guru.
Thank you little T. It's fun to see you guys. Thank you for my note and the blog. I love you. Mark.
PS I love you kids too.
oh thanks for sharing those sweet pictures! Very cute!
Mark, Thanks for commenting on my blog! You are the BEST! We all miss you terribly! The kids will really want to talk to you tomorrow...you are such a good dad and they are so used to being with you a lot, this is hard for them! We are all doing great though, don't worry about us! Can't wait to talk to you tomorrow! Love, love, love, Tara
Tara,
So sorry to hear that your man is away! And equally excited at the window of maturity in your kids! It is so kind of the Lord to give us those times to see the work He has faithfully been doing in their little lives. I love that!
Tara,
That is so sweet. I hope your week alone passes quickly.
Hi Tara~ Mark comes home tomorrow right?! What a joyous reunion you will have! You made it...you are almost there! Praying for you, Love, Kristie Hubbard
Tara, That is the seetest post. you are truly blessed with wonderfully loving children. God knoew just what you needed when your husband was gone!
How sweet to have that sleepover. My sister told me about little Stephen tiny in his huge long bed and I had to take a peek!
Post a Comment