Thursday, December 4, 2008

He's coming home...tomorrow!!

After a lonely week of missing my husband and their dad, the kids and I are pleased to announce that Mark is coming home tomorrow! And he gets to come home earlier than expected because one class got canceled!! And he gets the weekend off!

The week has actually flown by, we were sad but not crippled while he was gone. I wasn't sure how it would go, but as we look back we are so thankful for a good time, no fear and a special and memorable week! We got to spend some fun time with Gram, (my mom) going to Costco and a train trip to Seattle where we went to the Aquarium and Pike Place Market (I'll post pictures of this later)...I had fun conversations with people I don't know all that well who kept encouraging me throughout the week, had time with friends, enjoyed nights at Keepers and BSF with my girls and a date out with my boys while the girls helped Grandma (Mark's mom) bake cookies....We squeezed in school during odd times and with all that, our week is now coming to a close and it feels like it just began!

How excited we all are to welcome home our beloved husband and dad! We are so thankful that his favorite place to be is at home (and Costco...oh, wait a minute, he hates Costco...) Our favorite place for him to be is home too!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad for you Tara! Amazing how a little time away can help us to appreciate our loved ones all the more! What Keepers group do you go to? My email is KJH741@aol.com if you have time to write a line or two. Please say hi to Mark for me! Hope this weekend is a special time for your family! Blessings,Kristie

Kristine said...

I'm so happy for you! You are a great wife, holding down the fort, keeping it together and everyone happy all at the same time. Good job!

Mary said...

Tara-
We hope you're enjoying some great family time with Mark home. We'd love for you to come visit anytime. Hallie will be very excited to meet you. :)
Mary