No, this is not an announcement...don't worry or get excited!
I am talking about my husband. Just so you all know I am not being mean or disrespectful toward my hunka hunka, he was the one who labeled himself with this name...
I won't go into what it takes to get ready to go places or what it is like to take him to Costco, (that is another post in and of itself!) I am just amazed right now at the little kid coming out in him at Christmas time!
We went shopping for the kids, well, I should say the boys, because that is all he was drawn to in the toy store. (I later went back and shopped for our girls from a girl perspective!) He had very specific things in mind for the boys...they needed swords and guns. He originally wanted to get them rubberband guns and fortunately he forgot about those while we were out shopping.
Instead he got them Nerf 6 shooter dart guns. One for each of them, and when I say each of them, I mean ALL the boys, including the 5th child...Daddy!? And when we went to find the styrofoam swords, the 5th child got one too...he kept buying his own presents!?
Even now while I write this, the boys (and Ellie joins occasionally) are having a dart gun war throughout the house...later I am sure they will sword fight, and probably have a few rounds of wrestling before my 5th child goes off to work for the day!
Lascaris War Rooms
2 years ago



6 comments:
Awesome! I couldn't stop laughing as I read your post! :) Jason gets like that too. Grown-up little boys! :) I'm glad though- because those are the kinds of dads that moms want for their kids, right? Even if means a little more mess/clutter/work. Hope you are having a GREAT day! Love, Kristie
I love it! Tara, I can totally picture Mark and the boys running around with dart guns. At least he hasn't bought them BB guns yet. :)I hope you guys had a great Christmas. We'll talk to you soon.
Mary
Hey! All 4 of my boys have nerf guns from last Christmas. We could bring them over and think of all the fun they'd have together! All us girls could go to the mall and get nose rings or something....:o)
I think it's one of the Lord's great kindnesses to give that man two sons!! :o)
Tara...I laughed so hard reading this post and felt like I was reading a story about my husband. I have often felt like he was my 5th child/4th boy! Every "toy" the boys have gotten from us has been because he wanted them to have it (and wanted to have it himself). We even had a huge skate ramp built in our yard by him once for him, I mean them! Wait til they get older...this year, all of them, including my husband got "air soft guns" to have wars in the hills. I didn't even know what they were...they are like soft plastic BBs. Anyway...wanted to let you know you are not alone! That is so funny!
aah yes, we have experienced much of that at our home!
Post a Comment