It's official. Thai food is the best food! I think it even passes up pizza in my book, and that is a huge deal! Any date night Markie and I get, we usually choose Thai food. We are stuck in a rut, I know, but it is a good rut to be stuck in!
This past week we have been spoiled by our dear friend, Dan. One night he made us Mussamun Curry (my favorite) and another night he debuted his first attempt at Pad Kee Mao, otherwise known as Drunken Noodle (my new favorite). I am sorry that I didn't take pictures to share with you...(that will be my excuse to have him make it for us again.) We have had these dishes many times at On Rice and while I really enjoy the food I get there, I must say On Rice has some competition! Uncle Dan, you are always welcome at our house...if you make us Thai food...just kidding, (you know you are always welcome with or without Thai food) but I'd never complain if you want to practice your Thai cooking on us!!!
Lascaris War Rooms
2 years ago



7 comments:
You've converted me to Thai, too! I love it. I crave it. I even dreamed about it one night. :o) Dan is amazing. I can't imagine making it. Do you have to know some special trick? Have you made any? Probably not. You just ask Dan to come. :o)
Thai food is the BEST! I love going to On Rice or most any other thai place. Except I can't seem to order anything but Panang curry. It's my favorite, and no matter how many times i tell myself to get something new, I always cave in and stick with panang =)
Kristine, all you have to do to get Thai food is ask me to cook for you... I do a lot of cooking on the road. I will be in San Francisco this week, but if you want me to cook for you, just let me know the best time! 223-2479 ...and Kelsey if you want Thai food, make sure you just happen to be visiting Kaisha on the right night. :-)
-Dan
Woah, woah, woah...THIS is what I was afraid might happen...Mark warned me that if I posted about how great Dan's food is, he will be in higher demand and it will be our loss!! We are learning to share, but don't think it will be easy!!
Kaisha you say? hmmmm...maybe I'll call and see what she is up to ;)
Hi Tara-
The food sounds amazing - maybe Dan can come over when we're there next summer. :) Hope you guys are doing okay with the floods. The pictures are unbelievable. We've been thinking about you.
Mary
I am in total agreement with you (all!) THAI IS AWESOME!!!
Post a Comment