I am probably the only one who struggles with being organized and keeping clutter out of my home...actually I know I am not the only one. (I have actually organized someone else's kitchen drawers recently...THAT made me feel better and no so alone!!) Since I was so helped by someone else's "transparency" (although it wasn't intended transparency,) I decided that I want to help others feel not so alone too!! So, I am going to be transparent and open and tell you my list (or a start to my list) of the things I just can't seem to get to. My second purpose of posting this list is to hold my self to stricter accountability to actually spend some time doing these things to free my mind and put away some plates that need spinning, so I can spin the bigger plates more easily! (I am assuming you've heard the analogy of spinning plates...)
1. Finish putting together Christmas cards and letters to send to "away" people.
2. Address envelopes and send calendars to "away" people.
3. Plan out our school for rest of year (rough plan)
4. Organize outgrown kids clothes and take to consignment store.
5. Help girls organize and rearrange their room.
6. Reorganize toys.
7. Make cards to have on hand.
8. Declutter and get rid of piles.
9. Make meals for the freezer.
10. Clean out my closet.
Okay, I am overwhelmed already. I am going to stop at ten, and if I get some done I'll work on the next batch of to dos...
Lascaris War Rooms
2 years ago



5 comments:
Thanks Tara.....I feel a little better...my to do list is HUGE too! I can never seem to get beyond dishes and laundry and picking up toys. I thought with my MIL here I would get more done, but we've been busy with activities for the kids and she's been wanting to look at all the pics and video of the kids and needs help with the computer.....you don't even want to see what a disaster my house is! And I don't home school and have one less child than you.....although, in my defense, I think mine are a little younger.
I really bothers me too and clutters my brain thinking about all the things I need to do. I want to have them done, and feel better and just get to enjoy being home with my kids.....as my husband is always bugging me to go back to work....so I will have all the same things to do, but less time to do them and less time with my kids. :(
You go, girl!!! No happy plastic people. Top of my to-do list is: put away the Christmas decorations. I just got the tree done today. I've got another box to go. And returned choir folders to organize. And Bible study homework. And mop behind the frig (ugh). and plan Chris' 18th birthday...oh dear. I need a nap. Hugs! Marie
Tara,
It is inspiring to hear someone else's to do list. I should write mine down, that would be a definate start!! Miss you, but love seeing your blog and facebook.
Hey Tara~ Thank you for sharing. It is encouraging to me as my list is almost identical minus #2...only because everyone is local. I love reading your blog...as it is an extention of you. What a joy to get to know you better. :) Love, Kristie
Yay, Tara! Go, go, go! You should post your progress as you get things done! "Get rid of piles" ... now THAT would be amazing!
Post a Comment