Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Life is hard

Lately I am noticing that life is hard for a lot of the people around me, including myself. My heart aches when I think about the struggles and pain people go through in this life. God doesn't say life is going to be easy when we follow Him, but He does say He won't give us more than we can handle...

What I find comforting, and what I am learning to cling to, is that God IS in control, He IS sovereign, and even when things don't make sense to us, He TOTALLY understands and has a plan that is perfect. Jesus suffered more than any of us ever will, and He did absolutely no wrong. Even crazier, is He did it FOR US out of His love for us!! I find so much comfort in knowing I can rest in God's grace on me, that He sees me as He sees Jesus, because Jesus paid it all.

I can also trust in His sovereignty. His plan is perfect, for His glory, for our good. We can't understand God or His ways, but we can trust Him. He is trustworthy, He is holy, He is just, He is God. When I understand that I don't deserve anything from Him, then I realize how grateful I am that He has given me so much, even in the trying times.

God has given me salvation, eternity with Him in heaven. He's given me grace, when I don't deserve it. He's given me a wonderful husband who loves the Lord and loves his wife and children and his favorite place to be is at home with them. He's given me wonderful family. I have the love and support of so many friends, old friends that I've had from long ago, new friends, near friends and far away friends.

When we struggle in life, which we will, it is such a comfort to have a God who loves us unconditionally, knows us better than we know ourselves, forgives us, delights in us and has a plan for us. When we focus on who God is, it takes our eyes off of who we are (or aren't) and we can rest in His love, grace and plan for us.

And then we can remember in our struggle...this too shall pass.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the encouragement, Tara! Hang in there-God will not let go of us. God is always actively working, always working His plan for His glory. Hugs to you from Bennett. marie

tara said...

Thanks, Marie. I love how God uses simple things to encourage us...just at the right time...He did that today!! He is so good!!!

Anonymous said...

Hello friend, What a wonderful reminder. Amen to everything you said! Hope you are having a great day when you get this. Love, Kristie PS- I'm awake cuz I can't sleep....have a flu/cold bug. :(