Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I got tagged for the 4x4 challenge...

And I am so excited about it! When I found the picture it was this one of my girls when they were three and four with my dear long time friend Tracy. They were the flower girls for Tracy's wedding (obviously!)

What I am so excited about is that Tracy is one of the most wonderful people in my life. I have known Tracy since we started riding the school bus together in 7th grade and became really good friend in high school. We were roommates in college and spent hours driving around in my VW Fox just talking and being silly. After college Tracy moved to Seattle and we only saw each other a couple of times a year, but our friendship remained as our life took us apart! Now she is back in Whatcom County, married with two adorable children and our friendship, though it changes through each season, has remained strong and steadfast.

Tracy and I have many memories. Here are some of my favorites...

One time we went on a walk down the tracks (scary, but Tracy carried rocks in her hand in case a homeless person tried to attack us) at Boulevard Park and didn't get back to my car before ten p.m....guess what? They really do lock the gate! Even if a cute little VW Fox is left there by two innocent young girls!? We had to come back the next day to get my car! I then wrote a blues song about the night and sang it at a bonfire at my house!

Our friend Mikyn's parents saved all of their clothes from the 60s and 70s and one time we dressed up in them and drove around town in Mikyn's parents convertible car making complete fools of ourselves and loving every minute of it! I may even have some of those pictures somewhere around here!!

Another favorite pasttime of our was to go "cruising" downtown Bellingham singing songs from Smurfing Sing-Song and the Grease soundtrack at the top of our lungs! Such rebels we were!!

So to my dear friend, Tracy, (whom I had a great time over coffee with yesterday, by the way!!) thanks for sticking with me through thick and thin and for always calling me even when I have been a flake! You are truly one of the most selfless, kind people I know!

Okay, so now I need to tag four people (who blog)...sorry ahead of time if you dislike these! I tag Stefanie, Mary, Leslie and Kristie! Now you just need to go to your pictures, find the fourth folder and the fourth picture in that folder and blog about it! Can't wait to see your posts!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

kiss em a rat, he he!
Thanks for the memories Tara. How blessed I am to call you friend. I look forward to our next adventure.
Love, Tracy

Stefanie Hartung said...

ok, this sounds really fun-now i'm going to go look at my picture-i'm scared.......