When we had Danica she was such an easy baby, we had another one 14 months later, that was Ellie...(not so easy that time)...then we said, "We are NOT doing that again!?" and got rid of the second crib.
Then we had sweet Jonathan. Again, an easy baby and we looked at our wonderful 3 and 4 year old girls playing so nicely together, so...we had another one, 15 months later! That was Stephen...and we said, "We are NOT doing that again!?" (He was a difficult baby too! Something about the even number kids...)
Now I look at my 7 and 8 year old girls, who are now best friends and here you will see my 3 and 4 year old boys playing so wonderfully. It really is sweet to watch them become friends and truly enjoy spending time together (amidst the fighting of course!)
It is weird that they don't even look alike!
Here Jonathan is "teaching" Stephen his school! Guess I have more time to blog...
After school, they played tic tac toe. They are really playing it! All by themselves...Jonathan even made the grid for the game!And so THAT is why we have our kids in pairs! (Although we didn't know it as we were having them...) Always a friend to play with, someone who is "older" to teach you or "read" to you, and if you are a boy, someone is always there to wrestle with! It is all worth those really difficult early years of having kids so close together!




6 comments:
I hope to look back one day soon and appreciate their closeness in age.......we didn't plan on having our "pair" either.......3 kids in two years is just plain nuts!
That is so sweet, Tara. Awwww. This wasn't a clever way to make a "I'm having twins" announcement, was it??
I was waiting for someone to wonder something like that...and I thought it would have been a clever way to make some sort of announcement myself, but as far as I know, I have no announcements of any kind...twins or otherwise!! :)
yeah NO! there is no announcement.
I second the Awwww...That is so sweet. Your boys are absolutely adorable as we've gotten to know them in CC. What a blessing their close friendships will be! Love the pictures...
What PRECIOUS pictures!! :)
Post a Comment