The other day the girls spent a couple of hours preparing a special "surprise" for me...
They had notes around the house telling me to follow the arrows, leading me to this sign written by Ellie, age 7. It says, "The Spa Getaway, where you will be happy, healthy and full!"It was my receipt!
Here is the creative pair that made it all happen, sitting at the spa getaway!
Ellie's specialty is a fabulous foot rub, while Danica is the back massager!(They really are very good at their specialties!!)
This is the tray of goodies offered to the guests at the spa getaway; choices include cut up apple, crackers, pretzels, pumpkin seeds, trail mix, granola bars, mento candies and lemon water.While they did their services, I was asked what I'd like to do...the choices were read from a selection of books they had chosen, play a game or watch a "spa movie". We ended up reading aloud a chapter from a David Livingstone biography, played Apples to Apples, (the boys got to play too!), and then watched a short spa movie, Madeline...
A lovely morning of being spoiled by my sweet daughters at their Spa Getaway!
For only $2.50 I now feel happy, healthy and full!
For only $2.50 I now feel happy, healthy and full!





6 comments:
That is too cute. How much do they charge for outsiders? What fun girls. I bet they get great ideas like that from their sweet mom!
Sign me up! Or at lease have Ellie explain it all to Mia next time they are together! :o) Sweet girls.
That is SO sweet!! I love it, I will show my daughters your blog and what wonderful daughters YOU have...you know... just for fun...not to suggest anything...oh no.
I'll have to tell Danica and Ellie about a new business opportunity...training other girls to run their own spas!
oh how wonderful of your girls! I am so impressed!!
Do you want to write a manual on raising thoughtful girls???? :)
Ohio konichiwa, or however you spell it... I just wanted to log onto your blog from Japan in case you were tracking visitors... I think I will leave the page up in the airport lounge so my fellow travelers can get a picture of what is like in America. :-)
Say hi to Hunka Hunka and the chitlins' from me.
-Dan
Post a Comment