So I am embarrassed to say, I have never read the Chronicles of Narnia. Well, that isn't entirely true, I did go down to the Sumas Library and check them out and I "read" them as a kid, but I didn't really get it or enjoy it! (Don't judge me)
The kids and I have read The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe and now we are reading Prince Caspian. I have a hard time reading just one chapter a night!? In fact, so much so that we end up going to bed way too late because of it! (That and the kids bribe me to keep reading with back rubs!)
I had never had a desire to read these aloud, (even though they are one of most popular books for reading aloud), because of my own experience of not enjoying them as a kid. I am amazed how much Danica and Ellie love them! They even bring the book in the car with us when we go places as a family hoping I'll read to them on the way!!!
Last night I found a fun site with coloring pages from the book, so even the boys enjoyed sitting and listening when they could color along! (Even as I write, the girls are looking through the coloring pages on line with a huge excitement as they are finding pictures from The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe that we haven't already printed for coloring...)
I owe a big thank you to my 'also came from Sumas' friend, Cindy, for loaning us the series of books! We'll be done reading them in no time...
Lascaris War Rooms
2 years ago



5 comments:
Read alouds are so much fun!!! The Chronicles of Narnia are some of my favorites. That is so great that your kids like them already!
I haven't read these before either... I bet they would be very fun!
I remember getting excited about new coloring projects when I was a girl too!
Narnia!!!!! I LOVE all the books. The new movies are really good to.
We kind of cheated and listed to the whole set on CD...well, mostly my kids listened to it! I love your blog and have now entered this whole new "blogging world"! I am anxious to be able to follow yours. I wonder if I will actually find time to keep up with mine! We do spend a lot of time at the beach but we don't have the beautiful "outdoorsy" areas that are green and lush to explore like everyone else in the county (slightly untrue) has! I often feel like I was meant to grow up somewhere other than here. Although...the beach would be hard to leave behind! someday your kids will get there...like mine will some day get to a beautiful forest of some kind! Glad we can be blogging friends!
Hooray for Narnia!! Just for the record, Prince Caspian was one of my least favorites of the series at first. Now I love it. But just wait 'til you get to Voyage of the Dawn Treader--it's the best!!
Post a Comment