Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Scavenger hunt

If you look carefully, you can see the actual Scavenger hunt paper in Jonathan's lap.
Here's the list of what I put on our scavenger hunt to the Seattle Flight Museum...we were going to try to go downtown to the aquarium but ran out of time, so there were some things they didn't get to see...
I added some graphics that went with our themes of the day trip. The sun before each item to find was where they checked it when they found the item. It ended up being fun because when they'd see more than one of something they started doing tally marks beside it! They were so into it the whole drive down (and back!), I couldn't believe it!
☼ a whale
☼ a bird
☼ a boat
☼ a tractor
☼ an airplane
☼ a crane
☼ a city bus
☼ a school bus
☼ a red light
☼ a green light
☼ a yellow light
☼ Walmart
☼ Costco
☼ Krispy Kreme
☼ Space Needle
☼ monorail
☼ a tunnel
☼ a bridge
☼ a mall
☼ a mailbox
☼ a fabric store
☼ an Oregon license plate
☼ a Canadian license plate
☼ people stickers on a car
☼ another black Suburban
☼ a travel trailer
☼ a semi truck
☼ a barn
☼ a corn maze
☼ a police car
☼ police with lights flashing
☼ a motorcycle
☼ a jeep
☼ leaves blowing
☼ flowers still blooming
☼ a pumpkin
☼ a log home
☼ a skyscraper

3 comments:

Leslie Parks said...

Awesome list Tara!!! If you don't mind, I'm going to copy it. Very cool.

Kristine said...

Great idea, Tara! Do you do that for all your longer car trips? I wish Ania was old enough to do it. She has "issues" about riding in the car for a long time. :o) I don't really blame her. We were just saying this morning that maybe in a year she'll have outgrown some of that.

Anonymous said...

Tara, have you ever sent your ideas to Family Fun Magazine? Seriously, your stuff is WAY better and you might even get a little money for it. So creative!