Wednesday, August 14, 2013

So far, forty isn't so bad...

Turning 40 isn't so bad...
I started my day out with the kids surprising me with
a beautifully decorated house,
lots of fun gifts- 
(thank you for taking them shopping, Mom),
and lots and lots of love!

 My poor husband was supposed to be off of work starting
Thursday night, but he got a call-out on the way home,
and didn't get home until 2:30 in the morning.
THEN he had to go in to work on his day off.
The county got a little crazy on my birthday weekend...

At first I was sad, 
but after what my husband accomplished,
it made my weekend all the more amazing...

Here's the story:
Mark really wanted to do something for my birthday,
but planning things like that has never been his strong suit.
He's a bit of a last minute guy.
A "can't get too much in his mind" guy.
He has had a few things on his plate,
and though he knew my 40th birthday was coming up,
 he was struggling to get his focus on.

So...two days before my birthday he started a plan.
He called/texted a few people to get things started.
THEN he got the call out.
And the extra overtime day on his day off,
(which was the day he was planning on
cleaning house and finalizing the party plans.)
But, because he is so amazing, he made it happen.
In the midst of a big case at work and 
almost not showing up to my party because of it,
he was able to pull off the best surprise party ever!!

 I still can't believe is that SO MANY
of my friends were actually available on a Friday night,
in the summer, to come celebrate my birthday with me,
with only TWO days notice!?!  
(some maybe one day!)

I. Am. Blessed.
My heart is still overflowing with the love and friendship
that overwhelmed me on Friday night.

Here's the story in pictures:
 Here we are, sitting on our patio,
relaxing before we go get pizza for dinner.
I was STARVING and not sure why we were
relaxing until 7:30 when we hadn't eaten dinner yet.
It was so nice to sit and enjoy the evening and the view,
so I wasn't too sad, just hungry.
Don't I look kind of hungry in this picture??

Then, all of a sudden, several cars showed up 
at the beginning of our driveway.
And then they turned down our road 
and they. just. kept. coming!!!

(I have a video of it that should go here,
but I can't get it to upload with our sad internet service.
Check back later...)

The Parks went all out!

I wouldn't normally post a picture of myself like this one,
it is a little creepy.
But, it shows the overwhelming emotion I was feeling,
so I humbled myself and included it...

It was so fun to have friends from different seasons
of my life come celebrate my 40th.

 Love the emotion in this one, too.
This is a super special friendship right here.

Can you believe Mark pulled off a surprise party
for me at my OWN house??  
I was home all day!!
I even cleaned my own house for my own party...
He is tricky!!

 Loved seeing everyone get out of their cars 
and circle up to sing happy birthday to me.
He scored many, MANY points with this one!!

This right here is a good man.
A keeper.
And an AMAZING party planner.

 He told everyone to bring an appetizer.
We had the most amazing spread of food! 
I love seeing this many people mingling in my house!!

 My birthday cake.

 And this sealed the deal right here.
With the help of my dear friend who knows me extremely well,
he asked everyone to bring a note and coffee card
to put on my cork board.
If you haven't heard my cork board story, go here.
And you will see why this was the best gift EVER.

Thank you, Mark, for loving me and 
throwing me the most perfect for me birthday party.
I couldn't have planned it better myself!!
You did perfect!

And thanks to all of my friends and my mom for coming
together and over-filling my heart with love and friendship!
I treasure you all more than you will ever know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday, Tara! Sounds like you had a wonderful time! :)