Any of you that may have gone to WWU years ago may remember the corkboard in the entry of the library...That was one of the highlights of my college years. My friends would leave me notes on that corkboard. And every day, when I entered in to the library to "study" I would check the corkboard to find a new message for me from one of my friends. Sometimes the note would just say hi, sometimes a friend would tell me where they were studying, or sometimes it would be something silly.
My very favorite message I ever got, though, was on a Monday morning...it was from a man who 16 months later became my husband!! He wrote me a note asking if I enjoyed the concert we both happened to be at that weekend! And then he told me where he would be studying and I could come find him to tell him what I thought of the concert. That was the beginning of the rest of our life! We have now been married over 12 years...
How did he know to leave me a message on the corkboard you ask? On Friday when we met, we sat talking for three hours until I had to go to class and several people walked by and mentioned that there was a note on the board for me...my observant, soon to be husband (though I didn't know it then) paid attention and left one for me the following Monday. He won my heart over right there... :)
Why do I tell you this story of the corkboard? Well, 14 years ago we left messages for each other on a cork board, now we leave messages electronically by email or comments on a blog! So for all of you out there that are too shy to post a comment, (I know I have been too shy to leave them before)...just know that you will make my day if you leave me a "note"...it's my corkboard!
Oh, and for extra credit, can anyone tell me what you think my love language is??
Lascaris War Rooms
2 years ago



8 comments:
Hi daisy-friend,
I love the corkboard story! It's like getting a letter in the mailbox. What could be better?
And I loved the Jesus lense analogy you told us at the book study. Thanks for that!
Hoping your week went ok with so much going on. Think you can do it 7 more times?
Hugs,
Kristine
I didn't think of that Kristine! You are right. I'm weird like you...yeah!!!
Tara-
It's so fun to keep somewhat caught up on your life. Nicole has a new stuffed animal and she named her Ellie. She also asked me yesterday when she was going to get to play with Stephen again. :) We miss your fam. Have a great weekend.
Mary
P.S. Have you ever had someone comment on your blog who you don't know?
I love your blog - even though it's making me miss you so much. I had never heard the corkboard story - loved it!
stePH
Tara that was so awesome! I love that story!
John 1:1
Hey Tara, Way to read a great story in Bible Study! I didn't realize you had a blog. So very fun to read and leave little comments. Happy Keepers! Marie
I love the corkboard story.....so romantic! Thanks for sharing.
-Julie S.
Cool story! :) Hope you are having a beautiful day! Love, Kristie
Post a Comment