Friday, January 18, 2013

a mini update

Right after I posted last,
the cabinet doors and drawers were in... 
I love each stage of this process...
The granite gets put on a week from Monday!
Then the tile backsplash...
We are getting the final decisions and details
made and we are in the home stretch!


 This railing was new, too.  
It will be stained wood with white balusters.


And this!
This is the start to my coffee table!!
I have been bringing mocha hour out
to this crew of three guys daily.
(I might even get a picture of them to post!!)
They are super funny, and so nice.
In talking with them, I saw one brought in a cutting board
he made, then later a side table made with the same wood,
with pipe for the base of the table.
I got bold and asked him if he would be
willing to make a coffee table for me
out of old boards I found in the barn.
You know, a reclaimed wood coffee table?
I found one that I loved at a furniture store
that was $900!?! I don't think so...
So I got to thinking, maybe I can make my own...
And how much cooler that it would be from
materials out of our old, nostalgic, antique barn...
A little of the old homestead, brought in to the new homestead.

He so kindly agreed to take this project on for me!

I can't wait to see what he comes up with!
I know it's going to be absolutely perfect...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how exciting! now go pack, already!!!!! and not just the pantry...lol