Tuesday, April 26, 2011

How do you DO that?

Yesterday Stephen, age 5, asked me a question,
and when I answered him without looking he said,
"How do you DO that? How do moms do that?
You know, see from the back of their head?"

I responded as any mom would:
"We are just made special that way."
(We wouldn't want to give up our secret this early
and let them think they can get away with stuff
when we aren't looking after all...)

Today, we were driving into town.
Stephen was trying to show me something,
and I told him I couldn't look because I was driving."

He responded, "Well, just do that thing you do, then..."

He caught me...

5 comments:

Kristine said...

Love that! He's so stinking cute!!

Anonymous said...

hahaha that is sooooo cute! sometimes, i think the back of my head needs glasses!

tara said...

Teevers is the funniest kid and he is so observant. I will miss the day his little L sounds like an L. M

tara said...

Awww...you left a message, M! Our little boy is growing up...

Thanks for putting a note on the "corkboard"!!

Stormgirl said...

Ah! He says the funniest things! So great!