Friday, October 29, 2010

Pairs of kids

We could never have planned our family this way,
but we are very thankful for how God planned our family.

We like to tell people we have our kids in pairs.
The girls are fourteen months apart...
and best friends.


I love having two girls to laugh with,
cook with,
have coffee dates with.

After Ellie, we decided that having kids that close together was a LOT of work
and we wouldn't do THAT again.
We took a three year break...

Enter... Jonathan.
He was so sweet,
and we enjoyed watching the girls become such good friends
and have each other to play with, so...

we did what we said we'd never do,
and we had Stephen, FIFTEEN months later.
And we said we'd never do that again!!!
But we are so glad for two boys to
help Mark with the "manly" jobs around the house,
to play Star Wars with,
to build cool things with legos,
and to bring so much joy to our life!

If we could plan it, or do it all over again,
I would choose exactly what we have!

Kids in pairs, I highly recommend it.
But take the great advice of the lady that encouraged me when I was pregnant with Ellie,
"the first few years are really hard, but after that it is wonderful!"

Twice I had kids in pairs,
twice it was really hard the first few years,
and TWICE it is wonderful and well worth the challenge!!!

2 comments:

Through the Sea Glass said...

Love to hear your encouraging words about family :) Love you and your fam, even though I don't know yall that well. Precious peeps!!

Tracy said...

Great pictures, Tara! Miss you guys. I hope we can schedule a visit soon.