
Stephen and Jonathan fighting with new light sabers..

My handsome FIVE year old!
Well, today marks a big day in my book. My baby turned five! The interesting thing about today, is that when I was pregnant with him, I would count out the years and see that when this baby (Stephen) was 5, Jonathan would be 6, Ellie 9 and Danica would be 10. I would think ahead to this and think, 'Four kids in five and a half years won't be so bad when they are older...'
Well, here I am. We are at that age when it wouldn't seem quite so hard or crazy. All are now officially school age, fairly independent, and best of friends...I have dreamed of this! And here we are! Not that life hasn't been a challenge with four kids within five and a half years of age, but it really is all worth it so far. I love that they each have a best friend living right here in our own home. I love that they help each other (amidst all the wars and snotty attitudes of course!!), play with each other, encourage each other...I love that we went through many hard years with LOTS of diapers, strollers, tears and long nights, so that now we can be here at a new season.
I mostly sleep through the night, everyone can make their own breakfast if needed, the girls can help a lot with meals, I can be sick and lay on the couch if I have to, and no one absolutely needs me and only me!
In the earlier years I thought I'd never sleep through the night again. I wondered how I could ever do this for the rest of my life. I couldn't see that there would be different seasons with different challenges and joys. All I could see was that I might never get a full night's sleep again. These four kids would be dependent on me for the rest of my life. I was glad, but tired. Now I am tired in different ways as we are facing new joys and challenges. And I am still glad. I am thankful that God gives us seasons of life. Can you imagine if we had to remain in one season of life forever? Number one, it would get old real quick. Number two, there would be so much growing and learning about ourselves that we'd miss out on. Something I have been working on is enjoying each season of life I am in...being thankful for the seasons of the past, looking forward to the next one, and taking joy in the present season that I am in.
Today I am rejoicing that a past season or chapter has closed and I enjoyed it! I am looking forward to a new season of having all my kids in school and growing closer in our relationships as we get to know each other more.
And I am loving today that my sweet baby turned five. He loves anything Star Wars or Lego. He loves his white sweatshirt with blue writing like Collin's, and he loves Collin and everything Collin does. (He says, 'Wherever Collin goes, I'm goin') He loves his momma and he tells me at least twenty times a day (no kidding...) He loves hanging out with his dad, swinging and laughing with his brother. I love this kid.
Here's to old seasons, new seasons and this season!!



2 comments:
Awww!! It is so cool to read about the seasons of life you are in and I love that your kids have best friends within their own families. So fun!
Happy Birthday Stephen! Love your kids tons!
Gosh. I think you forgot about the part where you say how completely adorable and cute and cute and adorable he is! I never quite get over how cute he is!!
Post a Comment