This picture tells the most perfect story about a boy and his mother...
Jonathan, now 6, has had a thing for my hair since he was a baby! The way he is clinging to me in this picture is a defining quality of this boy...when he was a baby he would grab my head and give me the best slobbery kisses and play with my hair. I dare say, not a day goes by that he doesn't come up to me and snuggle me, at least for a minute, to get a hair fix.
If you have ever sat behind us in church, or anywhere else for that matter, you may have noticed his hands in my hair...fortunately I have a hairstyle that looks the same when I go to bed as it does when I wake up, otherwise I'd have a really sad and deprived boy, (and an aggravated mom with messed up hair!!)
I love this guy...I've been training him since he was tiny for his future wife...ever since he could barely talk I'd say, "Jonathan, when you get bigger, are you gonna bring me flowers?" And without a hesitation he'd say, "Yep!" with the biggest smile on his face. Then I ask, "When you get bigger, are you gonna take your mama to coffee?" And he'd try to trick me but then he can't resist, and he says, "Yes......" And so far, we've had our coffee dates, with many more to come, he promised!! What a sweet boy I've got here...



3 comments:
Sweet boy! I didn't know about Jonathan's thing for your hair. That is so sweet! Do you have pictures of him doing it? Kaisha, when she was little, would always suck her finger on one hand and twirl her hair with the other hand. She still twirls her hair ... constantly. It's like she can't think if she isn't twirling her hair. But she has outgrown the sucking her finger part ... :o)
Ellie twirls her own hair too, and has since she was tiny! And yes I have pictures of Jonathan with my hair...although I should get a clear one of him at at SIX still doing it, huh??
So sweet! Adorable how you're prepping him for his lady!
Post a Comment