Friday, February 8, 2013

A long overdue house update...

Well, we made it.
We have been living in our house for six days...

It did not come without glitches...
A couple of days before we moved in,
they were laying the carpet and realized that 
the carpet was faulty from the factory.
WHAT!?! 
If you know us, this could only happen to us.
(Oh, and our tankless water heater was also faulty...)
So that meant that the carpet layers installed the carpet,
and in a couple of weeks will be paid by the carpet
manufacturer to move all of our belongings,
UNinstall ALL of the carpet, 
and then REinstall the new, not faulty carpet...
Just a little bit of a pain...

But that isn't robbing our joy of being here!!
A wonderful crew of friends and my mom helped us
get all moved on Saturday...
We couldn't have done it without them!!
 Some of the help had fun getting creative.
Only in Ferndale...

Grant rode in the back of Mark's truck down the whole
quarter mile road holding this work out rack.

 This look on my face is how I have been feeling since Saturday.
I can't believe how amazing everything turned out.
This picture is me seeing my range installed for the first time.
I kind of love it!!

 Due to weather we had to wait to have the 
concrete poured, so I have captured a little more action here.

 We are all a little, okay a lot, tired...
But very content and happy.
This house feels like home.
It feels like we have always lived here!!

 I don't have a lot of pictures of the final finished product yet,
I guess I have been a little busy.
But here are a few pictures of the kitchen.
 We have already made a few meals,
and had a few guests to join us.

It is absolutely more amazing than I could have imagined!!
 I can't wait for the many coffee dates to come
that will continue on in our new home,
in this wonderful kitchen...

Here is the fireplace.
The stone turned out even better than I pictured!!

If you have been following my blog,
here is where that bucket ended up!!
I love, love, LOVE this!!

Here is the "bigger picture"...

And last but not least, 
here's Rafe.
He has kind of moved in this week.
He has been finishing a lot of loose ends around here.
We have enjoyed having him around,
feeding him,
and laughing at his jokes!
And today he is making my coffee table!
This picture is him starting the table top...
It is going to be amazing... 

Stay tuned!

5 comments:

Jillian said...

Looks gorgeous Tara! I'm so excited for you guys. I'll have to come by for coffee next time I'm home. :)

Stefanie Hartung said...

i had chills the whole time I read this. Your kitchen!!!!

Only One Life said...

Looks beautiful girl! :-)

Kaylene said...

Thank you so much for letting us visit your house yesterday ~ it looks amazing and you were so hospitable and helpful! We both appreciated it so much. Love your blog by the way... =)

Anonymous said...

YaAaaAAY!!!! It's done, It's finished! yipee! let the real fun begin <3 You should have people sign a guest book every time they come to your house and write their coffee order on the page....wouldn't that be SOOO fun?