A few years ago, we were planning a three week road trip,
and weren't super confident in our minivan's ability
to get us there and back home...
So we went shopping for a new-to-us, used, but newer van.
We were out all day, and found nothing.
It was very discouraging.
We realized that to get what we needed
would cost way more than we could afford.
That, and my husband is not into shopping for much at all,
let alone an expensive large purchase like a van.
So half joking, half dead serious, I prayed:
"Lord, you know I'll never get Mark out here shopping
for a van again, so if You want us to have one,
I ask that you'd bring it to us."
No joke.
This is really what I prayed.
And no joke.
This is what happened:
The very next day, we were on our way to church,
and Mark sees our friends (the husband sells cars...)
driving up ahead of us.
In a mini van.
I thought, "No, Lord, that isn't the one I want..."
(No joke. I am that vain about my car.)
(Not our actual van, stock photo.)
We pulled into the parking lot,
Mark got out the passenger side of our old van,
while Jim got out the driver's side of the newer van.
Mark: "Hey Jim, what are you doing in that van?"
Jim: "Oh, we just got this in and we are wholesaling it. Do you need a van?"
Ummm...
Well, needless to say, we test drove it, and bought it.
It has been VERY cool.
Lots of bells and whistles.
Lots of "character"-ask me about our "dome lights."
It has been so good to us,
and whenever I get frustrated with its "character,"
I remember, that the Lord answered my prayer.
Specifically.
He loves us and cares about us.
In the little things and the big things.
And not always in the ways I would want,
(ask me about the last three years of our life--
rough going!?!)
but He really does know best.
And it is in knowing and believing that,
that I can rest.
Stay tuned for Be Careful What You Pray For, part 2...



1 comment:
I love your blog Tara, and this posting is so good. It is so encouraging to hear of God's blessings in your lives. Can't wait for part two. Love ya, Karen
Post a Comment