Thursday, September 15, 2011

Goodbye Saeco Vienna...

It took care of me for 7 wonderful years.
It provided countless mochas and lattes for passersby.
Most recently, it introduced us to 
Salted caramel mochas...

But last week, the heart of our faithful friend
went on to be with the three other espresso machine 
friends we once knew and loved.

Making way for a new member,
a joy bringer,
coffee date provider,
(maybe even decaf producer??)

But no, not yet.
Until the day comes when the time for a 
replacement is feasible,
(Lord help me...)

I resort to this:

or this: 
Or if I have to,
*gasp*
TEA...

No it is not the same.
But I'll be okay.
I think.
It wouldn't hurt to check on me,
or pray for me...

(Oh, and to make matters worse,
I have been prescribed to go dairy free for one month.
Did you hear that?
ONE MONTH!!
Not only did I lose my espresso machine,
now I have lost my sanity!?!
No mochas or lattes?
What will I ever do??????)

9 comments:

Through the Sea Glass said...

my bunn maker is amAZING. I love it. It's only drip though. I love it way better than the coffee packets!

Anonymous said...

dairy? really? seems like you'd almost 'have' to have a broken machine to pull that one off! lol i am REALLY sad for you. hope you get an awesome replacement! and soon!

Leslie Parks said...

Sad for you. My friend uses soy milk to make her lattes. Not professional like your though. She heats her soy in the microwave first before making her latte. sorry about your machine. No chance for rehabilitation for it?

Only One Life said...

Jodi's favorite drink...tall- no foam- soy latte! I think the soy foams fine, She has a Gaggia like ours...we will find a way for you to drink your coffee... dairy or not!!!

tara said...

I do have a Mr Coffee from way back in the day that I pulled out today. I had those VIA from our camping trip that I've been using until now... I do hope to get a new espresso machine, just a matter of timing!?! And I am going to try to like soy milk lattes, at least for this month!

Cindy, you are so right. It is a blessing in disguise that my machine quit when it did, and that the dairy free came right after...the temptation is mostly gone, so that makes this doable...in a sad, sad sort of way! :)

Thanks for all your sympathy!!!

tara said...

Thank you, Chessa. That is her favorite?? Can she not have milk, or does she really like it??

Thanks for standing with me, we will not give up coffee, we will find a way!!! :) I'll let you know how it goes...

(Can't wait to hear how your wake up was this morning!!! But I think I already know...CLEAR!!)

Kristine said...

Drip? Ewwww.
Way to embrace the adventure!

Dani said...

Oh no, now we can't argue when I come over...latte (you being endlessly generous) or americano (me not wanting to impose)? Will miss our "arguments" but hopeful we will have them again soon! Hang in there deprived one.

tara said...

Dani--I AM so deprived... Danica and I used our Woods cards and tried a soy milk mocha today, so that helps. a little.

Of course. I HAVE to get another machine...we can't not argue when you come over! You are such an imposer! :)