My friend, Leslie, has a craft desk that I have been envying for years. Recently, I saw a similar idea on Pinterest, and it seemed really doable, so we did it!
As you can see, it took two of these 9-cube shelf things. Fortunately for me, I already had one, so I cleared it off and got it ready to be part of my new table! Then I went to the store and got another cube, and fortunately for me, they were on sale!! I took it home and quickly put it together...all by myself!!
(I am quite the master at these 'build it yourself shelves'...next time you are at my house, count how many of these shelving things I have! I have put them all together with my own hands!!)
Then, Mark and I took our ugly farm truck on a date so that after dinner we could pick up the counter materials. This is Mark's part, and it was the trickiest. The measuring, attaching, figuring out the details...
The thing I love about Mark, is that he will think things through and come up with the BEST ideas!!
His best idea for this, was to use plywood for the base of the counter, then put a piece of dry erase panel on top. The handiest part, is that I can take out the panel and put the new one in with no hassle. He made it that cool!! Then he tacked on some nice wood trim to the edge to finish it off!
I already had the stools and the cute neutral bins,so that was helpful.
The cost?
*One 9-cube shelf was $40.
*We bought a half sheet of plywood for $25. (If you split a whole sheet with someone, it would be cheaper to buy the whole thing and split it, fyi)
*The dry erase panel was $12, (we had them cut it in half, so we have two table tops,
that way when one gets worn out and ugly, we have a spare!!)
*The trim was $14. (We could have gotten it cheaper, but we were a little hasty on that one!)
So there you have it.
A really cool table at a really reasonable price!





4 comments:
You guys are amazing Tara! :) I love the dry-erase idea!
this is awesome! I can't wait to see it in person
I love your project and I love to see you praising your husband publicly. So beautiful!
How far out is your overhang? What hardware did your husband use to secure the top? I love the look of this, but need an overhang for my daughter to sit and do her homework comfortably as well as counter height for me to cut fabric.
Thank you!
Post a Comment