See those laundry baskets?
If you come to my house on any given day,
this is what you will see.
Always.
(I have to admit, there was a big stack of stuff
on the buffet, and to
on the buffet, and to
highlight the baskets of laundry,
I moved the stack of stuff.
I moved the stack of stuff.
But that's a post for a different day.
I'll title that one, 'Stacks of Stuff'!!)
As much as I want to keep up on my laundry,
I can't.
And the really sad thing,
is that if you come to my house on say, Tuesday,
you'll see the big basket on the
bottom in this picture.
bottom in this picture.
Then when you stop by on Thursday or Friday,
you'll see the stacking happening.
And that stack may very well be there
when you return next Tuesday.
when you return next Tuesday.
The same stack.
I know in my head if I fold a basket
of laundry every day,
of laundry every day,
it will never stack up like this.
But why fold one measly basket,
when you can wait and have three or four to fold
and do it one time a week (or two weeks)
while listening to your favorite music
or catching up on your favorite show on Netflix,
instead of every day?
while listening to your favorite music
or catching up on your favorite show on Netflix,
instead of every day?
And I kind of think it makes it feel a little
more like home when you stop by.
Lived in.
So while I really think it would be a good habit
to fold laundry every day,
I won't. For you.
I really want it to feel like home
when you come for coffee.
when you come for coffee.
You're welcome!
And thank YOU!
And thank YOU!



4 comments:
It's true Tara...your home does feel like a home...a great thing! Thank you for keeping it that way. I'm itchin' to come over for a chat over coffee and laundry...would even help fold.
Okay Tara, I know women don't like to be compared to farm animals, and I am not saying you are an ox by any stretch of the imagination... so just take the wisdom from this Proverb for what it is worth and don't get all hung up on the fact that the original has a reference to a farm animal. We good? ;-)
"Where there are no oxen, the manger is clean, but abundant crops come by the strength of the ox." - Proverbs 14:4
http://ref.ly/Pr14.4;esv
Get it?
You can have a clean house (manger/barn...) if you have no spouse/kids/pets/life... (oxen/farm animals), but there are tradeoffs.
I don't have three baskets of laundry in my dining room, but I also live alone... get it?
I TOTALLY love it that Dan totally just called you a cow on a rather public forum! And how he disguised it to look like he was saying that it's ok that you have laundry in piles in dining room because you have a lot of people in your house and it's a great thing to have a lot of people in your house.
I wanna come fold too! with Dani. :)
Thanks you guys.
Dani, I have been thinking we need to do coffee too! Let's set a date. (I'll save up my laundry!!?!)
Kristine, I KNOW!?! Of all the nerve...
Dan, an ox? I am speechless. (When pigs fly, right?) No seriously, thank you for that encouragement and for seeing through the laundry! We all appreciate you so much over here... and we are always happy to share our "it feels like home laundry corner" with you!!
Post a Comment