Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Why me...again??

So I got home today from running errands and was all excited to get the mail because I am always excited to get the mail, just in case there is something fun in there...but today, it brought me down. Instead of a fun card or a magazine or even some interesting ads, I got the summons for jury duty for District Court in SEATTLE!?!?!

Now, don't get me wrong...I believe it is my privilege to do jury duty, but why do they keep picking me??? This is AT LEAST my third time, in the past several years. I've had it at least twice at Whatcom County courts, and now I get to go to Federal Court...Does everyone get summoned this often? Is it just me?

And to just go a little crazy for a minute...it is very difficult to figure out what to do with my four homeschooled kids for two weeks while I drive down to Seattle or even stay the night in Seattle (by myself, mind you...) I just need a little sympathy while I come to grips with the fact that all of my "hardships" will probably make me more desired for the jury selection process...

So enough whining and complaining...my closing question is this:
Do the rest of you get this privilege often? Or maybe I am just that special to the court system. I am really curious how often other people get called to jury duty...please, post and tell.

8 comments:

Historian Anne said...

Oh my! I don't think I've ever been called though I felt more than ready to serve! :(

Jenn B said...

that is crazy! i've never been summoned....

Mary said...

They just like you, Tara. You have a very magnetic personality. :) Jason gets summoned every year too. I think he's gotten it every year for the last 4 years. We miss you, friend!

Corina said...

I haven't experienced it yet... although I haven't been an adult for too long either :)

tara said...

Mary, you've never been summoned either?? What? We miss you guys too. Stephen wants to move and live by Coley he said tonight!!

Corina and Vanessa, good to hear from you!! I've been out of the blogging world for quite some time...thanks for commenting! Vanessa, you would love jury duty... it is interesting the first time, just hard to figure out what to do with kids while I'm gone. Good experience, just a pain!! :)

Jenn, that's not fair!! You've never gotten called for it?

Kristine said...

Just once, girlfriend, when Collin was a baby. I loved it, but you are so right ... the babysitting thing is a total drag! Sigh. Do they put you up in a hotel? I say we PARTY!!! Can't you just picture us in our pj's, scrapbooking 'til the wee hours of the morning?

Kristine said...

Oh, and I forgot to say ... way to blog! I've missed you.

tara said...

Hi Kristine!! Thanks for commenting. It is good to be back in the blogging world a bit! ... Your plan sounds great, we party all night scrapbooking, then I have to go play juror by day...I'd be exhausted. But you could come stay with me, (they would put me up in a hotel if I'm called in) then YOU could scrapbook all day while I'm in court!! I'll call you if I don't get excused!! :)