Friday, June 5, 2009

Marvelous Music of May

In May, the girls had the grand finales of their music for the year. They took a Jr. Singers class through BAAY downtown and performed in a year end concert. They also got to perform in their annual piano recital.
The recital was extra memorable this year...the Clarke family hosted it at their home! It was very quaint and sweet!
Here's Danica. She finished her third year of piano. After the recital, she and Emma realized that they both know the same duet and played it at least 20 times through out the rest of the afternoon together!!

Ellie has taken a real love to piano. She concluded her second year of lessons with our wonderful Hannah! Both girls had so much fun performing for other people! Thank you Hannah for another wonderful year, and for instilling a love for music in these girls!



Here's all four kids watching the Beauty and the Beast cast do one last rehearsal for the BAAY concert.


This is a combination of four choirs through BAAY singing "You Raise Me Up" and "Just One Person," it was very beautiful!


Danica and Ellie made a good friend through BAAY...this is Madicyn. I also made a good friend in Madicyn's mom, Cyndi. We all met for coffee and cookies most weeks before class.
And this concludes our music mania for the year!

6 comments:

Leslie Parks said...

Tara, that is great! Lona and I are going to Beauty and the Beast Saturday night as a girls night out. Are your girls going to do any singing over the summer?

Stormgirl said...

Oh, oh, oh... what a wonderful year it was in piano!! I enjoyed it so much! The girls are always so much fun to work with and I have loved seeing them grow in their music this year. I feel so very blessed to have them as students!!! Love them!!
They did such a fabulous job at the recital too! :D

Historian Anne said...

how fun! so cute to see the girls on the piano bench playing away. So wonderful to develop their skills early on.

marie said...

Tara, you ARE alive and well and blogging! I'm so happy to see and read all about your music stuff! Thanks for posting! love reading about your family. hugs, Marie

tara said...

I know, Marie...I was near death with my blogging...I am here! I'm alive!! I'm going to try to post more than once every other month now! Looking forward to our coffee date!

Mary said...

Tara-
I can't wait for this summer. We miss you all so much. Can't wait to sit outside with our coffees (oh wait . . . I'll be chasing my crazy two year old boy. :) )We'll have to have round 2 during naptime. Talk to you soon.
Mary