Monday, April 6, 2009

The best day...

Forgive me for not taking/posting pictures. But I have to tell you about the best day that I had today. I can't think of anything better... 10:00 am to 10:00 pm of sweet fellowship and coffee!!

At 10:00 am my neighbor came over with her two grandsons and we went frog egg hunting. We looked in our pond, in the ditches, walked through the fields, had a mocha...in the sunshine. It was great. Then we dyed eggs outside, in the sun! For lunch, we had egg salad sandwiches and relaxed/played outside, in the sun!

Then, while Jill, my neighbor was still here with her grandsons, Monica came over with her son. We visited under the shade of the walnut tree and the kids played outside. Jill and her grandsons went home. Then while Monica was still here, Amy stopped by on her way to or from her house with her kids. The kids played, we drank mochas and visited, the three of us! It was so fun! Enjoying fellowship in the backyard on such a beautiful day!

Monica had to leave, but Amy was still here, and Derick stopped by because he NEEDED coffee and water, so we replenished him, and as they were leaving, the Joneses came over for dinner. While we were getting ready for dinner, the Sutherlands surprised us and Eric and Marie stopped by to say hello! The Joneses had dinner with us, then we went inside when the sun went down, had cookies that Matthew made with coffee, and finished off the day with more sweet fellowship! (Can you count how many coffees were involved in this day? Don't judge me!!)

For a person who thrives on socializing, this was the best day! I counted, and from 10:00 am to 10:00 pm, eighteen people dropped into my revolving door house! What could be better?

4 comments:

Mary said...

Can I be number 19? It sounds like the best day ever. Miss you, my friend. I'm looking forward to drinking lots of mochas with you this summer.

marie said...

Don't you love watching how God tenderly cares for us? What a special day He gave you, Tara. I'm so glad i got to be part of it! We loved stopping by and visiting. It was sweetness. Hugs, Marie

Julie & kids said...

Sounds like the perfect day.......friends....mochas.....and sunshine....You can't get much better than that!

Historian Anne said...

Wow how fun!! I love coffee so can't blame you for it! Though I'd be a jitter bug if I had too much caffeine! So fun to socialize and see people!