Monday, March 16, 2009

A Dream Come True...

One morning last week, Danica exclaimed, "I'm living out my dream!"
She got to be in a play.
A dream she's had for several years...

She got to be an Oompa Loompa and Grandma Josephine in Willy Wonka.
She never complained. In the heart of the busyness of rehearsals and still keeping up her school and the rest of life, she loved every minute of it.

Danica finished her final show (of 6 performances) yesterday and when she woke up today, some of the first words out of her mouth were, "I don't get to do a play today..."


She met lots of friends, learned about acting, singing and performing, and truly enjoyed living out a dream!!

We are so proud of her hard work and had fun watching her do her thing!


4 comments:

Leslie Parks said...

Danica, You did such a good job!You inspired the kids and now they want to be in a play as well. We've been singing the Ompah Loompa song ever since Saturday!

Stormgirl said...

Fabulous job darling Danica!!!
It was so fun to watch you up there! You looked like you were having a blast. What fun!!! I am so happy for you that you got to do this... it will be a memory that you will never forget. :D

Anonymous said...

Awwww!! That's so awesome. I can TOTALLY relate to living out that particular dream. So exciting and rewarding! :)

Historian Anne said...

Oh how special! Way to go Danica!