Sunday, April 12, 2009

Let's go fly a kite...

So we had a couple of sunny days last week. After my "best day" I thought it would be fun to follow it up with another best day!! I put an open invite on Facebook that if anyone wanted something to do, we'd be outside playing and I would provide coffee and lemonade.
Here we are, sitting with coffee and lemonade while the kids played.

The kids all took their shoes off in the sandbox and dug until they found water. This made their feet VERY dirty.
Here are the kids cleaning their feet at the water faucet.
The Prices happened to have some kites in their car, and we happened to have just received some new kites that my mom's new boyfriend made, and the wind happened to be just about perfect that day.

Here is Stephen's kite up against the clear blue sky!


How fun to see all the kids out in the field flying kites with the mountain in the background!

Here is the mountain in the background.

It was fun to see the kids of all ages out there helping each other and frolicking in the field.
Notice in this one, front left, Stephen is flying his kite while little Jack (who happens to be about the same size as almost 4 year old Stephen) stands by and watches his older friend.


It was a good week. We truly enjoyed a Pacific Northwest spring day.

4 comments:

Mary said...

Tara-
It looks like too much fun, though I think frolicking should be on the list of unacceptable words. :) Miss you, friend!!

tara said...

That is hilarious, Mary! Even as I wrote it, I thought, hmmm...it's not the word I am looking for, but...oh well. You are right! :)

marie said...

TARA! You have your very own "Porch". You must name it something cute and catchy and invite people all spring and summer!!! Isn't that way too much fun? i love that you can include the kids. Keep taking pics. My turn to live vicariously through YOUR post.

tara said...

That is funny Marie! I actually thought as I was posting these pictures that it IS kind of like my very own "Porch"...can you help me think of a name? And will you come to my whatever I call it? The outdoor version of the Porch, huh? I love it!!