Stephen, (in his church shirt of course!!)A few weeks ago we went to the hootin' scootin' Ferndale parade!
To end our day Daddy took us all to ice cream!
To end our day Daddy took us all to ice cream!
We are trying to enjoy our final days of summer before we get back into schedules, school and lessons! It has truly been a good, fun and somewhat relaxing summer. It is always good to not have to worry about a schedule for a while...just go with the flow...But I must say that lately a schedule is sounding really good! While being "free" is wonderful, too much "freedom" makes one crazy, doesn't it? As much as I don't want summer to end, I am looking forward to a more scheduled day, and more structure to keep us all sane!
I got all of our books unwrapped and placed neatly on the school shelves and am eager to get started! Jonathan has already started school because he is so eager to read and do some writing.!!? Ellie is even helping teach him!! Wow, what will I do with my time if Ellie takes over my job with the boys!? Actually she has even given the boys "art lessons" this summer and they are doing quite well! I am very impressed!!
All this to say, I will not underestimate the three weeks we have left of summer...we still have The Fair to go to, a camping trip and many (hopefully) sunny days to enjoy before we get back to the daily grind!! Oh, and of course some good coffee dates to squeeze in!!






2 comments:
Tara, I'm in the same boat-desperately trying to hold on to summer, I'm not really ready for school-steve's going to south carolina for a week so i'm hoping to get a lot done. we'll see.
Tara-
I love your blog! It was too fun to see all the pictures of our trip. It was so good to hang out with you for the week. I'll have to have you send me some of the photos from the treasure hunt. I forgot to get them when we were there. Your new pictures of the kids with ice cream cones reminds me of the year at McPhail's when Ellie wore her ice cream cone. :) Miss you!
Mary
Post a Comment