Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Birthday Cake or Hidden Talent?

My very special 35th birthday cake!



Mark carefully crafting and smoothing out the base layer of frosting...
you may have found your hidden talent Markie!!



Danica and Mark working together as cake decorators!!


Mark and the girls displaying their work!!



Ellie recording this wonderful masterpiece!!



After being greeted with coffee in bed, Mark and the girls decorated a cake...95% by themselves!!! They baked it, made the frosting, colored the frosting, and decorated it! What a special birthday morning. I enjoyed watching them work together and make it as much as we enjoyed eating it!!

Later I was "surprised" with Season 3 of The Office with a gift card from Starbucks slipped in there!!! Thank you to my wonderful family, and especially my loving husband, for a very special birthday!!!

1 comment:

Mary said...

Hi Tara-
Maybe Mark has found his calling. :) He should consider giving up law enforcement and become a cake decorator. It would be much less stressful I'm sure. We're glad you had a happy day. We miss you.
Mary