Saturday, October 27, 2012

The Second Story

The last post, the first story, was actually from last week...

Here is what went on this week:

The joists for the second story are up!  
This overhang will actually be our bedroom upstairs...
it makes our covered area down below.
Right next to Danica is our kitchen!

This is just the other side.
Windows on the left are the living room.


And...here we go!!  
The second floor walls went up!
I can't believe how emotional I got seeing them go up.
I am so thankful to have gotten to this point,
it literally brings tears to my eyes!

All the ups and downs of our last few years
have made me so grateful.
There were so many ways this shouldn't have happened.
But God, in His mercy and love, has done it!
He shut doors that needed to be shut.
Opened doors.  Then shut them.
Then opened them again, 
only to reveal His tender mercy and great love 
in amazing ways we never saw coming.
(I promise I will post about some of 
these awesome stories soon!!) 

 The boys find "swords" every time they go out there.
Notice the camoflauge.
This is daily life over here at the Wrights' these days!!
The building site is like Disneyland for boys!!
(Oh, and notice the porta potty.  
How fitting that it made it in the picture...
goes well with our boys in this season of life!?!)

That's our bedroom at the top!  
A 180 view of this beautiful country side.
It gives me shivers...

Here's the other side of the house...
bedrooms, laundry, family room all upstairs! 

That view from our bedroom.  
Looking straight out the window... 

Rainy and wet, again.
I am standing in our bedroom,
looking down the hall toward the family room at the end. 
Kids' bedrooms are on the right.

Other way.
Standing in family room,
looking toward our bedroom. 

Standing in our guest room (!?!)
looking across the hall to kids' rooms. 

And this is our new view of the old barn.
I am so happy to get to still see it every day! 
Coming up next week:
the trusses!!!
This is so crazy fun...
and overwhelming.

2 comments:

Marie said...

Your house will be absolutely wonderful and delightful. I love being able to see the step by step. Thank you for posting!

Anonymous said...

wooooohoooooo! exciting times! exciting pics! thanks for the peeks! i love it! love the pics of the boys with swords! haha. good memories in the makin'! :)