Monday, October 1, 2012

Pinch me...

It has been a long journey to get here,
but last week we finally broke ground!!
 Seven or eight years ago (I lost count)
the county was threatening a moratorium on
subdividing in the county.  
We realized that if we didn't do it then, 
we likely would never have the chance again.
So...we started the process.
(Did I mention it was 7 or 8 years ago??)
Little did we know what we were getting into.
I'll save the nitty gritty for a coffee date.
It was a long, hard road to say the least.
There were many lows where it looked like we
weren't going to make it, 
but God had a different plan!!
It is truly a miracle upon miracles that we are here.

I wish I could tell you all the amazing stories,
but there are FAR too many, 
so for now, I'll just tell you how grateful
we are to be able to say,
WE BROKE GROUND!!

We do not take this for granted...
God has protected us, provided for us,
loved us, and grown us through this.
Even though it would have been nice to have
finished this process sooner, 
we wouldn't trade one bit of it because of 
what we have gained through the hardship.
We believe it is more sweet and we are
more thankful because of it.

And to all of you who walked some or all of this road with us,
THANK YOU!
The support, encouragement, and now excitement
you have all shared with us means so much.
So from our (almost) house to yours...
thank you, thank you!

6 comments:

tara said...

If you want to leave a comment, I think you have to verify by writing what is in BOTH boxes...If I remember right, they changed that and made it more difficult!! :)

Only One Life said...

So very exciting and long deserved to see you breaking ground! I will be praying that things will go smooth for your build and that the Lord will bless your new home.

michelle said...

Woo-hoo! How fun that you guys finally get to build your dream home! I am so happy for you, and I especially love to see the way the Lord orchestrated that you even get to stay in your old house while it's being built!!!

abigail said...

CONGRATULATIONS! This is so exciting for your family! <3

Anonymous said...

Soooooo many years of waiting- Soooooo many lessons and hardships along the way- God's grace and love wrapped all around those years, and it has been good!
...but wow, to finally see the beginning of the end...it represents SO much more than the wood, hay, and stubble,of a home, doesn't it?

I am SO happy for you, my friend! What a beautiful 'Ebenezer' your home will be, to remind you of God's faithfulness to your family all these years, and for many more years to come! <3

Special times! Exciting Times! Thanks for letting us enjoy it with you.

tara said...

Thank you all for being excited with us!! It has been a long road. And God has revealed Himself to us in amazing ways through it all. I wouldn't change a thing of it. The timing, the waiting, the pain, even the scary stuff we went through. It all is woven into such a beautiful story of God's love and mercy. The fact that I still have my husband living even. Wow. This all could have ended so much differently. But look! I am rejoicing today in His love for us. His sparing us more heartache. We have are definitely learning to hold our lives and things and everything in this world with an open hand!!

Again, thank you for being excited with us! It means more to me than you can EVER imagine!!