Thursday, June 7, 2012

A Red Head and his Roller Blades

One of my greatest joys is when Jonathan 
finds something that makes it so he can't stop smiling!!
(This is his subdued smile.  If you know us well, 
you'll know that Jonathan is "Mark's kid" 
and their baseline is negative!!!
So we count anything that resembles a smile as a smile!)

He learned this last year that he likes to roller skate.
A lot!
This week, his friend, Job came over 
and they found our roller blades.
(Side note: Mark and I got each other matching roller blades 
as our wedding gift to each other, 16 years ago!!)
Job is an avid roller blader.
And his influence made Jonathan a new avid roller blader!
Recently I found these blades at Goodwill and 
they just happened to fit Jonathan perfectly!
Yesterday, Jonathan and Ellie spent ALL day roller blading
outside on the few flat surfaces we have out here in the country!

Today, it is raining.
Jonathan won a different way!!
He brought them inside.

After a little while of "blading," he says,
"I am practicing so I can work at Sonic!"
(He said he needs to earn a few extra bucks...)
And what I saw next was my favorite!
He got this plate and asked Stephen if he'd like some water.
So he bladed over to his customer, 
no falls, no spills...he's good!

No comments: