My family had our first trip to the Great Wolf Lodge recently.
My Aunt Nita lives a half hour away from there, so on our way home, we were able to make a stop, say hello, and give her a hug!
Aunt Nita has always been special to me. She is my dad's sister, but has always been more like my mom's sister. Which is wonderful for my mom, because she was an only child. They have always had a special relationship! And they kind of look alike, which is weird...
When I think of Aunt Nita, many things come to mind. Her humongous collection of Precious Moments figurines. She always has a puzzle out on the card table, (she did this time too!) Spending the night at her house. Swimming. Flying to South Dakota, just her and me, to visit family when I was about ten. Her sense of humor. Her outgoing, spunky personality! I hope that if I make it to 82, I will be as outgoing, energetic and full of life as my dear Aunt Nita is!!



No comments:
Post a Comment