(Scroll down to the bottom of post to hear this awesome song while you read!)
Here's a cool story for you...
Recently I was on my friend, Kaisha's blog, and she had this song on there. I thought, "I went to youth group with a girl named Taya in high school, and through facebook I saw she married a musician named Jason Gray...hmm, I'll see what he's like."
So I listened to him on Kaisha's blog. Then I realized, "I've heard that song before...wait, he's FAMOUS!!!" Now, I have been friends with Taya on facebook for a while, but didn't connect the pieces...whatever. I'm lame. I just didn't realize that Jason Gray is JASON GRAY.
But the BEST part, (besides the fact that I went to youth group with the wife of a famous guy!!) is that since seeing this on Kaisha's blog, I spent some time reading a bit more about him and reading his blog and then quickly bought his album on iTunes. Oh man. I love, love, love it!!!! Tenth Avenue North was/is/has been a big encouragement to me through some challenging seasons I've gone through. Jason Gray's music does the same thing! I love that he is real. Genuine. From what I have read on his blog posts and what I hear in his lyrics, he is who he is. He loves Jesus and knows that Jesus loves him! He recognizes that it is out of his weaknesses that God uses him. And he let's God use him by being transparent and real. I love that. His songs are so refreshing and encouraging. There is nothing better than being around a real, genuine person...even if it is just through music!!
Well, today I have been struggling with some circumstances in our life, and it was making me crazy, again. My kids could see my pain, and my lovely daughters knew just what to do. One made puffy oven pancake for lunch. The other went to iTunes and pulled up Jason Gray's album. The song she chose was "Help Me, Thank You." I relaxed, rested in the love of Jesus through my daughters and through Jason Gray's music!!
So here's a plug for my "friend from youth group's husband who writes and sings some of the most encouraging and joy inspiring music I've heard..."
And a special thanks to Taya, Jason and their kids for sacrificing so I could be incredibly encouraged in a difficult season of life!! I know the life of a musician's family isn't easy...but we appreciate it! My husband, kids and I all benefit greatly from your sacrifice!



No comments:
Post a Comment