I have had a few people ask for my "Identity in Christ" playlist...so I thought I would post it here. After my original playlist, I will also post some of my more recent favorites that are fast becoming my "new" playlist.
(I was thinking a good thing to put on your Christmas list might be iTunes gift cards so you can make your own Identity Playlist!!)
I came up with a list of songs that encourage my heart on those challenging days. What encourages my heart the most is remembering who I am. Not who I am today because of how well or not well I did with the tasks I had before me... Not based on what I have or don't have... Not based on who is happy with me or who is sad or mad at me... Not based on if I yelled at my kids or if I was always kind to them that day...
But on who God says I am. And God says that I am deeply loved, fully pleasing, completely forgiven, totally accepted and complete in Jesus!! And my hardest days are the days when the things of this world distract me from remembering this. So, I came up with a playlist of songs that remind me of these truths and reset my heart and mind to face the day with hope and joy, no matter my circumstances.
Does it always make my day go smoothly? Nope. But, no matter what, it brings me hope and gives me a little encouragement to not get so discouraged, no matter what comes my way that day...
So here is the original playlist:
Have Mercy on Me-JJ Heller
True Things-JJ Heller
Your Hands-JJ Heller
When You Come Back-JJ Heller
What Love Really Means-JJ Heller
You Tell Me So-JJ Heller
Fly Away-JJ Heller
You Are More-Tenth Avenue North
Empty My Hands-Tenth Avenue North
I Am New-Jason Gray
For the First Time Again-Jason Gray
Help Me, Thank You-Jason Gray
Remind Me Who I Am-Jason Gray
Goodbye Shame-Jason Gray
Hold Me Back-Jason Gray
Anchor of Hope-Ellie Holcomb
My Heart is Steadfast-Ellie Holcomb
The Valley-Ellie Holcomb
More Recent Additions:
Greater-MercyMe
Cast My Cares-Tim Timmons
Completely Yours-Tim Timmons
Great Reward-Tim Timmons
For Your Glory-Tim Timmons
Oh How I Need You-All Sons and Daughters
Lascaris War Rooms
2 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment