I love my kids because they are mine. I am extra thankful for how God created them...there are so many things about them that make me smile, encourage me when I am weary, and add color to my days!!
I love that my kids are so...simple.
They go out the back door and pick the prettiest flowers (or weeds) that are available and present them with the most priceless smile, every time.
I love that my kids are so...forgiving.
No matter how short, snippy or snotty I have been to them, they still shower me with hugs and kisses and I love yous.
I love that my kids are so...carefree.
They don't care if their shoes get wet, their shirt gets dirty, or their hair is a mess. They really know how to live each day in the simplicity of being a kid, a rainy day won't get them down.
I love that my kids are...creative.
They turn the woods into a home, an apple tree into a home, a box into anything, a stick into...anything, they set up a store and sell their "stuff" to anyone who will buy it (in hopes of saving enough for a skateboard!!),
I love that my kids are so...selfless. (at times!)
~Last night my four year old son gave up his seat at the campfire for me, with the most gentlemanly smile I have ever seen. ~Tonight my ten year old daughter gave me a backrub to help my headache, while my nine year old daughter rubbed lotion on my feet, just to bless me!! ~My six year old made me a card with lots of nice words, and he doesn't even like to write, but he did it for me!!
I feel so undeserving and at the same time SO grateful for such sweet kids. They teach me so much about unconditional, simple love. It makes me reflect on all those moments when I feel like I am going to lose it and don't think I can take another day...it wipes them away, and fills me with joy that I GET to be their mother!!
Happy Mothers' Day!!



2 comments:
I bet they feel the same about you! It is because of how wonderful you are as a mother that causes them to be this way, Happy Mothers Day!
I love it.....it just fills me up with love reading.....making me really look closer at my kids and appreciating them too.....especially on those rough days!
Post a Comment